I suggest you ...

Concealed carry on campus

To have a weekend class offered by the university and once passed students get a certificate which states the may conceal carry on campus.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dalton N. ClevengerDalton N. Clevenger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jessica Louann GordonJessica Louann Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a fantastic idea! There is a great need for self-protection on many campus' nation wide. By allowing students to have access to proper gun safety education we will be able to keep our campus much safer and hopefully can prevent potential threats from entering.

• Jennet NedirmammedovaJennet Nedirmammedova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By training people, there is no guarantee that tomorrow the same person will have the right mindset. Just to be safe, better not to have any concealed weapon on ANY university/college campus!
    Most people say it is for safety, but excuse me...let's just imagine:
    Let's say a person comes into public building on campus and starts shooting, then other students will have reaction/action in response to the violation. If that happens, it will do NO good to any of the sides. Only more deaths will occur and more harm will do to students than actually help them. I'm honestly glad that legislators did not pass this particular bill. Sorry to say that, but there is enough violence, and as Jared mentioned better to teach students self defense than showing how to shoot from the back.

• Jared NicholsJared Nichols commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or we could just allow students to excersise a right to self defense guaranteed to them by the state a federal constitutions. We can send them off to war or saddle them with 10,000 of thousands of dollars in debt but not let them exercise a right

Feedback and Knowledge Base